Business cards are one of the best ways to help your business get new customers. In just those couple inches of paper, you can capture their attention and leave them wondering how they have ever managed in life without your product or services.
What about the back of your business card? You’ve got lots of options and it is worth investing some time and thought into the question of what will work best for your business. Here are some of your possible options:
- You could leave the back blank. There is not much benefit to leaving the back blank because you’re already paying for the card and it is usually not much more expensive to have something printed on the back. This option is better than one other, though – having the printing company’s ad on the back of your card. Some people take advantage of the free business cards offered online and while that can work in some situations, it is better in business not to have other company’s information on the back of your business card.
- You could use the back for appointment information. If your business is appointment-based, it makes sense to have a slot on the back of your business cards for recording your client’s next appointment. You can save money by doing this on your business card rather than having separate appointment cards.
- You could have a mobile marketing (SMS) message on the back. Many companies are using mobile text messaging as part of their marketing strategy. By having a simple “Text (something) to (your short code)” message on the back of your business card, you can build your marketing list for free while you’re handing out business cards.
- You could offer your prospects something that will help them take action faster. You could offer a free report, consultation, gift with purchase, or discount on the back of your card, and people will not only hold onto your card longer, they’ll become your customer faster.
- You can include more information about your business, e.g. addresses of your other branches. If you have one branch only, you can have a small map with directions to the location of your business on the back of your business card.
- You can get the address of your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social profiles printed on the back. It’s a great way of connecting with your customers and prospects alike. Prompt them to share their thoughts and suggestions with the company (or you) on your social media profiles.
- Offer incentives – You can always lure people into buying your products or subscribing to your services if you offer them an incentive. If you have a promotional offer where buying your product gets them into a lucky draw for a free iPad, get it printed on the back of your business card.
Don’t ignore the back of your business card. It’s small, but it’s valuable real estate that can do more to build your business than you might imagine.
The author is a professional blogger who about business and technology with special focus on communication technologies like online fax & related services.
- An Overview about Local Marketing Experts (gotfreebusinesscards.com)
- Entincing Traders By Means Of Business Cards (williamodonohuephd.COM)
Powerful Business Cards – What about the Back?