Networking events are a great way to meet new contacts but only if you’re ready to do so. Fortunately, there are some steps that you can take to get the most out of this event.
Before the event you should:
1. Learn about who will be speaking or who will be in attendance.
2. The day before the event you should post on LinkedIn that you’ll be attending the event. Provide a link for them to learn more.
3. Make sure you can tell someone all about you in a matter of just a few seconds. This is where it’s a good idea to have great Vistaprint Business Cards ready to hand out to anyone who asks for them.
4. Review your Vistaprint business cards to make sure that all of your contact information is correct.
During the event you should:
1. Be confident.
2. Take notes to share on Twitter later.
3. Listen more than you talk.
4. When you do talk, be brief.
After the event you should:
1. The next day you should send a quick note to everyone you’ve met. Consider connecting on LinkedIn with some of those you feel you connected best with.
2. Update your LinkedIn with how much you enjoyed the event and how you’re looking forward to the next one.
3. Update your blog with information and pictures from the event then share it with others.