When you first started your online business, you were no doubt excited about the possibilities and the promise of success. You dreamed of all the things you were going to do with your profits. You had visions of a new boat, a second home, vacations, a new car, home renovations, etc. You did all of the things that the ‘experts’ told you to do. Now, months later, you are wondering when those profits are going to come rolling in, and where all of your customers are.
You are not alone; many people enter into an online business venture and are extremely excited and motivated at the beginning; then when they don’t see the results they want, their motivation starts to wane and they think about giving up on their dreams.
The simple fact is that it takes more than just a few months to make any business work, online or offline. In order to create the success you desire, you’re going to have to make it your mission to overcome those obstacles that inevitably arise and keep yourself motivated to continue on when all you want to do is crawl under a rock.
Everyone is motivated by different factors, and what motivates one person may not motivate another. The trick is to find what gets you going and to stick with that method. Here are some tips on how to find your motivation, and keep it.
- Remember WHY you started your business: What was it that had you on this journey in the first place? Did you want a better life for you and your family? Did you want to take vacations every year or buy your dream cottage? Write down your WHY and keep it with you wherever you go.
- Keep your goals in front of you at all times: Write down your goals and keep a copy on your desk, in your car or wherever you will see them on a regular basis. Know what you’re going for. Do you want to make a certain amount of money each month? Do you want to win an award with your company?
- Enlist the help of a Mentor or Accountability partner: Being accountable to another person is often enough to keep you on track and motivated. Find someone that you can connect with on a daily basis.
- Consistent Daily Action: Put a strategic action plan in place that you will do every day in order to get you closer to your goals.
- Celebrate the milestones: Celebrate those small successes; this will remind you that bigger successes are just around the corner.
- Create a dream board or vision board: This is a wonderful visual reminder of your goals and dreams. Keep it in your office so you can refer to it often.
- Start each day off on a positive note: Read something inspirational or listen to a positive CD before you start work; this will put you in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day, and when you do encounter those frustrations and challenges, you’ll be able to handle them quickly and efficiently.
Johnny Guyzer finds success in helping people save money through their insurance, whether it’s getting cheaper life rates or lower auto insurance premiums.
- Cash Crate Surveys Are Legit & Worth Completing (onlinesurveysforcash.org)
- Uncover The Simple Truths About The Difference Between Success And Failure (capturedtech.com)